Peace & Democracy Authors
Maria Carlo, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Children’s Learning Institute at the University of Texas.
David Cavallo, PhD, is Visiting Professor and Director of Multimedia Learning Environments at the Federal University of Southern Bahia (UFSB), a new public university serving the rural areas of southern Bahia.
Ernest Morrell, PhD, is the inaugural Macy Professor of English Education in the department of Arts and Humanities, and Director of the Institute for Urban and Minority Education (IUME) at Teachers College, Columbia University.
Robert L. Selman, PhD, is the Roy Edward Larsen Professor of Education and Human Development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Professor of Psychology at the Harvard Medical School.
The Peace & Democracy Academic Advisory Board
|Prof. Ernest Morrell, Columbia University, Teachers College, Institute for Urban and Minority Education, is the Peace & Democracy Advisory Board Chairperson.|
Social and Democratic Competencies
• Prof. Robert Selman (HGSE) (perspective taking, conflict resolution) (P&D author)
• Prof. William Cross (DU) (identity awareness, social awareness) (P&D author)
• Prof. Marvin Berkowitz (U of M St. Louis) (character education)
• Pat Walker, Ph.D., Director, EFD Institute (P&D author and founder)
Language and Literacy
• Prof. Ernest Morrell (Columbia U/Teachers College) (pedagogy, critical writing) (P&D author)
• Prof. Catherine Snow (HGSE) (language and deep comprehension) (P&D author)
• Prof. Cynthia Tyson (Ohio State) (children’s multicultural literature)
• Joel Kuperstein (McGraw Hill) (literacy and mathematics)
· Prof. Peter Kiang, (UM/B)**
English Language Learners
· Prof. Maria Carlo, (Univ. of Texas/Austin) (bilingual education) (P&D author)
· Maria Campanario, BPS (ELL and SPED)**
· Supt. Shelley Berman, Andover, Mass.
· Prof. James Green, UM/B (labor history)**
· Marc Skvirsky, Vice-President, Facing History and Ourselves**
Science, Mathematics, Computation, and Technology
· David Cavallo, Visiting Professor, Southern Bahia, Brazil (STEM curriculum)**
· Prof. David Rose, HGSE (UDL), President of CAST
· Prof. Richard Weissbourd, HGSE**
Early Childhood/Elementary/Secondary Teacher Preparation
· Prof. Ann Douglas, UM/B, (early childhood)**
· Prof. Pat Paugh (UM/B) (elementary teacher training)**
Comprehensive School Reform and Charter Schools
· Dr. Beatriz McConnell-Zapater, Head of School, Boston Day and Evening Academy**
· Dr. Linda Nathan, Director, Institute for Creative Educational Leadership, Boston University**
· Darnell Williams, Chairperson, Banneker School**
Professional Development Schools
· Prof. Lee Teitel (HGSE) (principal and leadership training)**
*This board is in the process of expanding.
**Also member of the Boston P&D Advisory Board
[media-downloader media_id=”6944″ texts=”Download list of P&D Academic Advisory Board members.”]